Stay In Touch!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OurHonestView

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OurHonestView

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ourhonestview

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: "Oz The Great And Powerful" (2013) "Oz Aims For The Rainbow But Is Blown Away"



REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page! Our Honest View

Now for full disclosure I have never been a Wizard of Oz movie fan so when I saw that
the acting talents of James Franco and Mila Kunis were going to be used for this prequel I was very
interested on how the back story of Oz was going to work out.

Not to remember the fact that was made by Sam Raimi who we were willing to forgive after Spider-Man 3.

The beginning of this movie starts of strong if not a little cheesy with Oz (James Franco) being well known magical at all but a carnival magician, lecher, and a con man. It was great seeing the all-knowing and magical wizard in his youth as a selfish man who only thinks about himself and would eventually grow and mature as a character.

**BORROWED FROM DISNEY MOVIE TRAILERS**

At least that is what I thought would happen the movie is entertaining and actually moves at a good pace and it saddens me to just see it go so wrong. To clear the air I am not rating this movie as a nostalgic trip for me because well it isn’t I was never in love with the world of Oz so I am rating it on its own merit and I feel without enjoying the last movie this one simply does not hold up.

However, that is not all that is wrong with it the special effects, dialogue and surprisingly enough ACTING! Takes a considerable nose dive as if no one started to care about the film at all. Once the movie hits its halfway mark it became almost so unbearable that the only thing keeping me in my seat was my girlfriend holding me down.

When I saw the wicked witch for the first time I actually burst out laughing at how horrible she looked and at how bad her acting and dialogue was. On my first complaint the special effects were laughable the whole world looked fake like the actors were walking next to a green screen even the sets they built by hand for the actors to use looked out of place next to horrible CGI effects.

When James Franco had to interact with the CGI characters it looked worse than when the first Looney tunes movie came out with Bugs and Daffy interacting with real people.

On my second point the dialogue also took a turn for the worse with characters saying things and having conversations that ranged from mildly bad to Natalie Portman and Hayden Christianson bad from Star Wars the Clone Wars. Last to top it all of the actors and actresses seemed to just give up they acted like cartoon characters with wild and crazy smiles to Mila Kunis’ horrible witch laugh and her over the top just bad acting.

Our Honest View gives, "Oz The Great And Powerful" 0 out of 5. This movie by itself with no nostalgia doesn’t hold up it went from promising to horrible in about 30 minutes making this just a movie with horrible special effects, poor dialogue and the saddest part even worse acting. This movie for the most part is just a big what could have been and it saddens me to say that I will never want to visit the Land of Oz again.


By: Tyler Comp
 Recommend This? : NO!

REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page! Our Honest View

No comments:

Post a Comment