Stay In Touch!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OurHonestView

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OurHonestView

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ourhonestview

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: "Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel DEMO" (2013) "Can Bromances Save The Day?"





REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page: Our Honest View

That the demo EA offers us on the psn I'll keep my review short.

From the 15 minutes or so of gameplay this game looks just like the other two Army Of Two in the series. Boring, repetitive and only good with two players.

Granted this game has potential as did the other too. When you play with a friend you can team up, and destroy. However like most co-op based games the AI hurts you more than it helps you.

In this demo you play as Alpha and your partner is Bravo, two badass' killing a army of drug traffickers. When teaming up with Bravo I found the screen telling me, that your partner has killed someone, or decoy. I thought I was shooting this guy but....NOPE Bravo takes the kill. Even the enemies were intense. Very few times I felt I had the advantage even when we sneaked up, they turned about and easily shoot the crap out of us!

God the controls in this demo were just evil! Granted it was your same run of the mill third person shooter BUT you have action buttons like taking cover or vaulted which make it very difficult to do. I know it wasn't my controller, and the game felt sluggish. 

It's possibly that's a small glitch that can be fixed in the finished product, well I hope so. I would hate to have to play the entire game where I am constanly tapping the same bottom to vault or transfer cover to kill someone.

Oh wait why would I have to worry about missing opportunities? I have a AI who takes care of everything for me.

Another problem I had with this demo was the graphics make the game difficult to kill anything, especially when your in the air. Everything looks so blemished that it all blends together in one weird cool.

Plus none of it looks realistic which is a hard idea to grasp I know! Especially with the idea that the game is based on realistic ideas etc. The deaths don't even seem realistic either, I mean if I shoot you up close with a shotgun, sorry but your gone bro...

However this game does have a positive note, the rest of the demo make suck BUT it has some realism to it. For one your in a crappy building with badass guns so when shooting at a structure the enemies are behind you can shoot right through. That being said you can also fatally shoot someone in the chest with one shot and not have to shoot them several times like most shooter games.

Only downside is the fact that if you shoot your enemies with shotguns across the rooms you can fatally shoot them, that just doesn't feel right to me.

The "bromance" between Alpha and Bravo is definitely there, they seem together in cut scenes, and of course when climbing up the walls or breaching. Since there is no real story in this demo it's hard to say if this romance will blossom for a good story or you'll be doomed with a bad AI.


Our Honest View gives Army of Two: Devil's Cartel demo 2.5/5. There's nothing impressive or anything screaming out that makes me want to drop 60$ on this game. The demo has all it's worse features and not many of the ones that Army of Two fans enjoy. And with no story or any give ways in the demo how can we be sure this is a typical co-op game.



REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page: Our Honest View
By: Gabriel Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment