Stay In Touch!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OurHonestView

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OurHonestView

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ourhonestview

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: "Rockpocalypse" (2013) "Do You Smell What You're Smart Phone.....Is... COOKING"




REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page: Our Honest View

By: Gabriel Roderick
Ever been asked on Facebook who would be on your dream team in a apocalypse or war? Well if you picked Rock on your team, WWE made a game just for you.

WWE has been advertising for days a new mobile game to check out for smartphones and it of course with the popularity of his new movie it's a game based on the Rock!

I was surprised by the load times of this game, you can start this game up and literally go watch a Rock promo on television then come back and BAM it's loaded.

This game overall wasn't terrible but it was far from good on terms of being a mobile game! Graphically this game is a failure, it's blurry barley looks like Rock. I feel like WWE is trying so hard for this game to be Telltales Walking Dead game, since the games start off very similarly. You can't even see Rock's famous tattoos that are on everything now!

Enemy wise this game only has two and they change them up by making them harder to hit, and changing the order of the two and finally of course changing the appearances of the two. This actually leads to my only positive thing to say about the game.

You can customize the Rock, change his appearance and make him a better ass-kicker. I'll tell ya if I need to play as Rock and save all mankind I'm doing it in style. However having the Rock as a main character of the game is still too soon. Granted he can hold his own in the movies (barley) but in wrestling he hasn't been the main eventer in 10 years and is doing a bad job relying on his promos.

The one thing the customization of Rock is missing and very vital is you can't change his voice or catch phrases. So if your a Boots 2 Asses kind of guy then look no further. Rock will constantly shout out his phase catch phrases, that we've all heard 10 millions...AND I MEAN MILLIONS of Times..See what I mean?

The length of this mobile game was surprisingly short, I mean it's the Rock saving the world. Can you really sum this up in just a few short battles? Or a few short places?  I would like to see a evil Cena fighting rock or something.

Combat is your typical smartphone game, though I found it difficult sometimes swiping I don't know if it was me or the lagging in the game. I didn't like that I couldn't do a fake out move BUT my opponents could go in for a headbutt then switch to a right.. Come on, BUT what is Rock's finisher move in the game... NOT the Rockbottom of course but a Superman punch.. Since when does the Rock know how to fight? But sometimes he'd switch back to wrestler and drop the guy with a Superman Punch then deliver a People's Elbow on the ground.

Our Honest View gives Rockpocalypse 2.5/10. I didn't except much going into this game but I was hoping seeing as the Rock is the GREAT ONE and making WWE millions and I MEAN MILLIONS (Deja vu) of dollars by wearing the title, that they would give him a decent game. 

REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page: Our Honest View




No comments:

Post a Comment