Stay In Touch!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OurHonestView

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OurHonestView

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ourhonestview

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: "Injustice: Gods Among Us DEMO" (2013) "FINSH HIM.... T-Rated Style"




REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page: Our Honest View

So I went into this demo with high hopes seeing the success of the new Mortal Kombat game.

I was a little let down however. The game seemed way to easier and seemed to follow the same format as Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, the less popular of the two Mortal Kombat games on current gen consoles.

For one the game tries so hard at giving you fatalities but pushes as far as a T rating can go for killing another super hero which for Batman's case is basically having the Batmoblie run over you. The game also plays just like the predecessor MK vs DC.

When this game was proposed it was suppose to be a fresh reboot just like they did with the new MK game, but it's basically ripping out the MK characters.

Don't get me wrong this isn't the worse thing in the world because graphically the game is A LOT better, Batman looks amazing and so does Doomsday, however they still look like huge non moveable characters. I do like the background scenes though because there is a lot of detail and interactions between fighters and backgrounds are MUCH improved and more realistic. Well as realistic as possible. 

The controls are very easy to get use to especially the combos, however I found running very sluggish and cumbersome just like the predecessor.

Some little things that bothered me was that the game was suppose to account for the heroes actual abilities. It's a some thing to bother me but I can't see Batman roundhouse kicking Doomsday across the screen. I suppose there is some good in this then because Superman will not be a god!

Like this demo I'll keep my review short and sweet. There wasn't enough to truly give the demo a score but I hope to see more improvements or maybe some features they're holding back for the actually game release in two weeks. I'm sure story modes and playing online will add huge features to the game, and help bring some life to it. Otherwise it'll be another fighting game. I still have some faith since Mortal Kombat creators didn't want to give this a M rating and leave that to the other serious that they had a reason behind this. Though the demo is a tiny glimpse maybe there is more behind the mask. Super hero puns.

As it stands it's not a bad game at all just not a huge improvement or step forward for fighting games, graphically it's ten times better than MK. vs DC. but truly the same game over again. Doesn't really feel like this is coming from the same guys that brought us the new MK. I wish they used the same physics system, I mean if it works it works.

REMEMBER to BECOME a FAN by LIKING our FACEBOOK page: Our Honest View


By: Gabriel Roderick


No comments:

Post a Comment